Churchyard

Churchyard

In the churchyard is a cross in memory of twenty eight men of the parish who fell in the war of 1914–18. Apart from that the church offers little evidence of history, as many of the old gravestones have disappeared. In 1963 the stones that were indecipherable or which commemorated people with no living relatives, were lowered and covered with turf, so that the grass in the churchyard could be easily mown. The Harris tomb is in a prominent position adjacent to the south entrance. There are no other monuments of any significance in the churchyard.